Established in 1997, our core mission is to develop, distribute and underwrite Special Risk Life, Accident and Health products to provide solutions for client needs that cannot be fully satisfied in the regular market. We do not deal directly with consumers, but rather through licensed intermediaries – financial and insurance advisors, benefit consultants, and selected national account distributors across Canada.
Our staff are carefully selected for their knowledge, expertise and commitment to industry leading service to advisors.
We hold many exclusive domestic insurer relationships and significant underwriting authority through Certain Underwriters at Lloyd’s.
Through our insight, innovation and integrity, we help you to insure your “hard-to-insure” clients.
Co-operators Life Insurance Company is the exclusive insurer for Acceptional Life.
The Co-operators® is a group of Canadian companies focusing on insurance and a range of wealth management products and investment services.
Stable, Secure, Responsible.
- “A” (Excellent) financial strength rating awarded by A.M. Best (an independent insurance rating agency) in 2014
- Earnings increasing & positive
- Capital Strength well above regulatory requirements
- In business since 1945
- Assets under management of $6.9 billion
- One of The Co-operators® Group of Companies – Group assets total $12.9 billion
- Assets 118% of liabilities, and growing
- Proud member of Assuris
- Prudently managed growth levels
- As a member of “Imagine Canada,” an initiative of the Canadian Centre for Philanthropy, we’re committed to giving back to our communities
- One of the top 50 employers in Canada
Co-operators Life Insurance Company believes…
- In holding the highest level of integrity as our standard of conduct
- That our success depends on meeting and anticipating our clients’ needs
- In enhancing the excellence of our products and services through innovation
- In fostering open communication, teamwork and team spirit throughout the organization
- In balancing economic, environmental and social priorities as a responsible corporate citizen
- In the co-operative principles, which complement our values
- That we are accountable for operating our business within a closed ecosystem
The Co-operators®: financial security for Canadians and their communities